Photo Contest Awards
The Naval Submarine League sponsors an annual Undersea Photo Contest. The top 4 winners receive cash awards ($500, $250, $200, $50) and, with permission, the photos are published on the NSL website.
Undersea Photo Contest – 2021 Award Winners:
First Place: LCDR Firas Khoury, USN
Second Place: LCDR Robert Johnson, USN
Third Place: STS1 Rafael Guzman
Honorable Mention: ITS2 Bryan Carlson
Honorable Mention: ETVC Evan Quidachay-Swan
Submission Information to the Undersea Photo Contest:
The Naval Submarine League (NSL) selects 4 submarine-related photos each year with cash awards of $500, $250, $200, and $50. Winning entries are displayed on the NSL website’s home page and in the program for the NSL’s Annual Symposium and may be chosen for the cover of an issue of the NSL’s quarterly magazine.
Entries must be received by October 15, 2023.
- The email must include the photographer’s name, email address, and rank/rating if applicable.
- Limit 5 submissions per photographer.
- Entries must be submitted as a PDF or JPG, preferably both.
- Digital submissions must be at least 300 dpi (dots-per-inch).
- The photos must be previously unpublished.
- Enhancements are discouraged and horizontal perspective shows best on the website.
While all entries should relate to some aspect of the undersea warfare community, we encourage you to be creative in your choice of what you shoot and how you shoot it.
Photos that convey a sense of patriotism and pride in the U.S. Submarine Force are particularly encouraged.
The NSL is a non-profit, membership organization that promotes the importance of submarines and the undersea to our national defense.
Submit entries by October 15, 2023 to: