From: Commander, Office of Naval Intelligence
Subj: UNDERSEA WARFARE INDUSTRY DAY
Encl: (1) Undersea Warfare Industry Day Agenda
- The Commander, Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) will host an Undersea Warfare Industry Day to provide intelligence briefings to improve key Undersea Warfare (USW) contractor knowledge.
- USW contractors rely on resource sponsors and program managers to provide intelligence necessary for the successful design, construction, and testing of USW systems. However, despite frequent government-customer engagement, relevant intelligence assessments often fail to reach supporting contractor teams. The Industry Day will update USW contractor community leaders on potential adversary USW advances and relevant technology trends to help ensure continued United States (U.S.) superiority in this critical warfare domain.
- ONI requests attendance by appropriately-cleared (Top Secret/Secret Compartmented Infonnation) USW vendors with a valid need-to-know, whose design efforts would be aided by access to relevant intelligence assessments. ONT anticipates this event will be most relevant to those currently designing and building U.S. submarines and related systems.
- This event will be held at ONl’s Headquarters within the National Maritime Intelligence Center in Suitland, MD on Tuesday, 8 August Remote sites will be able to view the event using secure video teleconference facilities. If necessary, additional events covering the same information will be made available to other appropriately-cleared USW vendors with a need-to know.
- Interested organizations are asked to provide a roster of attendees by 14 July 2023 to
LT Coleman Sharpe, ONI Integrated Warfare (N9), NIPR: firstname.lastname@example.org; SIPR: email@example.com; (301) 669-2370 and
Craig Shelden, Senior Naval Intelligence Officer for USW – NIPR: firstname.lastname@example.org, SIPR: email@example.com; (301) 669-3762.
ANDREW G. RICHARDSON
Undersea Warfare Industry Day
Tuesday, August 08, 2023
0730 – 0830 Visitors Arrive / Escorted to ONI Auditorium 0815 VTC Start
0830 – 0845 Welcome, Site Roll Call, Introductions
0845 – 0900 Kickoff and ONI Overview
0900-0930 Blue Framing
0930-1030 UxVs Brief
15 Minutes Break
1045-1115 Adversary USW Strategy and Operations
1115-1145 Adversary USW Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
1145-1200 ACINT Brief
1200 – 1245 Lunch
1245-1330 Adversary Submarine Construction Brief
1330-1400 C4ISR Brief
1400-1500 Threats to Industry
15 Minutes Break
1515-1545 Adversary SSW Part 1
1545-1615 Adversary SSW Part 2
~1645 – 1700 Closing Remarks